Sunday, October 07, 2007

October 7, 2007 - Wub You

When we put the boys to bed every night, at the end of our bedtime routine, we rub the boys' backs. I rub Nick's back and my husband rubs Ben's back, or vice verse, for a little while and then we switch. We always tell them "mommy/daddy loves you" and "night night".

I always leave the room last. I stand in the doorway and blow kisses to them. They blow them back to me now, but in the beginning I would say "blow me a kiss".  Then I say "night night" and they say it back to me. I used to have to tell them "say night night", but not anymore. Then I say "love you" and they say that back to me now too.

But last night was different. Last night was the first night that, while I was rubbing Ben's back, he said "wub you" to me without me saying it first. It is likely that only a mommy or daddy would have understood it but it was very clear and very precious to me. Tonight was the second night he said this to me without prompting.

Once again, my heart is melting.

3 comments:

musicmommy3 said...

awwwww I remember when my oldest started saying it first. It was a WONDERFUL time. I'm so glad that you are getting to experience that!!

:):)

Tonya said...

That is so darling! I am just sitting her grinning from ear to ear and laughing. I love it!

Melissa said...

That must have been the best feeling ever. I can't wait for my turn. They will repeat it back, but never first. How yummy.