Thursday, October 25, 2007

October 25, 2007 - Duct Tape Sucess

The duct tape on the diaper has not failed us so far. As hard as it is for us to remove, I seriously doubt the little guys are going to find a way to take their diapers off again, although they still enjoy removing their clothing. The bummer of that is that we have to keep it warmer upstairs, while they are sleeping, which dries out sinuses and noses and stuff. It would be nice if I could find some PJ's that they cannot remove. I will be going out shopping for them soon.

The duct tape usage saga continues. The pair of slippers that are more loose kept falling off. I had tried to use duct tape to hold some folded kleenex in the heel of the slippers, to make them fit more snugly but it just kept coming out. I ended up using duct tape to make a strap and then I taped the strap across the slipper, where it opens for the foot. Now we can still slip their foot in, under the strap, but the strap keeps the slipper from falling off. The slippers now look like very strange ballet slippers:). It is funny looking but it is working. The next time I have some time to run by Toys R Us, I will pick up another pair of the slippers that fit more snugly. Until then, the strange ballet version will have to do.

We are also still struggling with the slipperiness of the slippers, as the stuff that I taped to the bottoms falls off after a period of time. For now, I just keep taping it back on. I may ended up just making my own slippers, completely out of duct tape:). (just kidding)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I don't remember how I found your blog, but I've been reading for a while. Have you considered sleepers that zip up the front? I used to cut the feet off of the sleepers and put the sleepers on the kids backwards. The kids couldn't unzip them as the zipper was then in the back.

Lea said...

I recently bought them some new footie PJ's that zip up the front and am planning to return them because they were not quite big enough. The boys also immediately started unzipping them. Cutting the feet off and putting them on backwards is not a bad idea, although I do worry about their feet getting cold and they won't leave socks on either. But that's still better than sleeping without PJ's. I may have to resort to that. Thanks!