Monday, October 29, 2007

October 29, 2007 - Wild Boys

When I was out and about the other day, I heard someone say "boys are wild". I thought, "no they're not. My boys are not wild". Of course, we don't have little girls in our house so we are more used to little boys and cannot make a good comparison. After watching helping out in their class at church, I must admit that our boys were a bit more "wild" than the little girls or even the younger boy in the class. It was somewhat of a revelation to us. I don't mean wild in a bad way though. I think they are pretty well behaved, most of the time. Just that they made a bit more noise (truck noises when pushing the trucks and buses around) and they enjoyed knocking down blocks more than building them up...that sort of stuff.

I love their boy noises and "wildness". I am happy to say that I have even gotten to a point where I enjoy their messes, most of the time anyway. I enjoy seeing their toys scattered around the house. It is now part of our routine to pick up and clean up before nap time and bed time so I no longer stress about it. They are so good about helping. Ben was even helping us to clean up their classroom without us even asking him. It was very sweet.

On Friday Nick came into the kitchen, carrying a Mega-Blocks creation he had made, and told me "umbrella". It actually looked more like a large "T" but I thought it was pretty creative for a less than 2-year-old child and he was very excited about how he thought it looked like an umbrella. The dad drove up right around that time so Nick proudly showed him the umbrella too.  

Last night we were reading bedtime stories and Ben very clearly said "night night bear". I think we are very close to starting two or three word sentences around here and pronunciation is improving rapidly.  Every day is such a revelation, when you have young children, because they just change so much, so quickly!  I love it and I love seeing the world through the eyes of these "wild boys":).

2 comments:

Melissa said...

wow, at our dentist the kids sit on our laps in the chair and we hold them. Hope all goes well with the surgery.

musicmommy3 said...

I have 3 boys and they are WILD!

Wild does not always mean poorly behaved. (though it can)

Look at beautiful stallions running in a field. They are wild, powerful, and beautiful but they sure act different than other horses.

Sometimes I get so irritated with something and my husband will smile and say, "Honey, they're just boys."
My brother was a bit quieter so I didn't know. LOL

Glad that you figured out a diaper trick. We only had one incident where the boys took off their diapers (together) and made a HUGE mess. That was because they not only took off their diapers, they got into the diaper Genie and ripped open other poopie diapers as well. Talk about NASTY! They had smeared poop on the bed, walls,carpet. UGH! Thankfully they NEVER did it again. :) Good luck with that one! You're a smart woman with the duct tape!