Monday, August 20, 2007

August 20, 2007

The dad was at a men's retreat this weekend so it was just me and the boys.  Saturday morning, the boys and I got around a bit earlier than normal and were able to enjoy some time outside before it got too hot. They played in their sandbox while I did some weeding of the flowerbeds. Then they just enjoyed some playtime, running around in the yard and playing with the hose. They were both soaked when we came in so I threw their clothes in the dryer while they had their snack. It was a fun morning for all of us and I felt better that we were able to get outside for a little while, although I was dragging a bit because I had not slept well that night. The rest of the day was mostly uneventful. The boys were happy when daddy got home. I was happy too and I slept much better that night.

We decided to go visiting on Sunday. We surprised my grandmother at the hospital and she was especially happy to get to see the boys. They were so well behaved too. We did not stay too long though because she had been sitting up in a chair for a while and, by the time they got her back in her bed, she was very tired.

Our next stop was at my mom's house. She is so cute. She had cleaned off her coffee table, which usually has lots of pictures and pretty things on it, and she had put out two good size tubs and each contained lots of bowls, spoons, spatulas, measuring cups, etc. for the boys to play with. They really enjoyed it a lot. My sister came over and played with them too.  The dad stayed busy doing some things around my mom's house for her:).  He is so sweet.

We finally got some rain, yay!!, and it cooled down considerably yesterday. It was so nice and I just loved seeing all of the clouds. We really needed that. We had fun running our errands in the rain yesterday morning, before we went visiting. It wasn't raining hard, just sprinkling at the time, but it was also windy and we all enjoyed being out in it. It just felt so good. What a relief, after all of the hot, hot days we have had recently.

No comments: