Thursday, August 16, 2007

August 16, 2007

Here are some funny pictures that were taken a couple of days ago.


Ben, trying to put his pajamas on. The boys were having so much fun playing with each other and with these pajamas. They were cracking me up.















Here they were playing tug of war with some of the pajamas. Up until this day, Nick would be trying to put the pajamas on and Ben would climb up next to him, grab any pajamas he could reach and promptly throw them in the floor. This was the first time Ben tried to put them on. They were having a pretty fun time together in this picture.







Our first meal where we were all at the table together. You can see the two highchairs in the background. Those are now in a closet upstairs and we have more room to move around the kitchen. The boys love sitting at the table with us. When they are eating their snack or lunch, they love it when I sit down next to them at the table. I have been teaching Ben how to spoon up a regular size bite, rather than a too-big bite and he is really doing pretty well with it. He needs reminders though for now. You can see their little cups with lids and straws in this picture also. We were having roasted chicken, baked potatoes and green beans on this evening. These little booster seats were only $15 each and they are perfect for our purposes.

I am starting to get a bit stir crazy from being cooped up in the house so long. The temperature is just so hot, it is not smart to spend time outside. Yesterday the temperature peaked at 107, according to our temperature gauge. That does not include the heat index. The funny thing is that I thought it was humid but it must be extra dry because my hands and finger tips have been very dry lately. I even have one cracked finger tip, which is so painful. I hate when that happens. I don't think I have ever had it happen in the summer before though, so I was very surprised by this. I'm sure the five loads of laundry I did yesterday did not help.

I am getting ready to search for a kids play place here and see if they have one or not. I'm not sure but I hope they do. It would be a nice alternative to getting outside. The boys really need to get out of the house too. Hopefully I can find something and it won't be too expensive.

I made a new casserole yesterday evening that we all really loved. It was pretty simple and I think it was fairly healthy. I radically modified another recipe and was very pleased with how it turned out. This is a big thing for me, since I am not a very good cook:).

The kids are all starting back to school here this week. I kind of like it when they go back because things are less busy during the days. I just have to remember to run my errands before school gets out and to avoid the school zones. I still need to call our school district and find out about the Parents as Teachers program, as I would really like to sign us up for that.

As you can see, I don't have much to report today. It's been pretty boring around here lately. I am still struggling with recovering my energy level and my back is still bothering me....the more energy I regain, the more I am able to do and the more my back hurts again. I was hoping it might have healed a bit and I would not have to do those exercises they assigned me but I think I am having no such luck. I finished a lot of house work yesterday though so today I am taking it easy.

I am off to have my lunch before the boys wake up from their nap.

3 comments:

ChandraJoy said...

Hey Lea!

I feel you about the heat. We stay in a lot. We do have an indoor play place we can go to, but I've been avoiding it until school is in full force. If not it is usually really crowded. I hope you are beginning to feel better, and are taking it easy (no more working outside in the sun for a bit!)
I'll but some pictures up of Alli soon!

ChandraJoy said...

That should be *put* some pictures up soon!

Esther said...

I read on your blog about you being sick. That is SO hard with little ones. No one ever knows what to do when the mom is down and out.

Hang in there ;o) Hope you are back to 100% soon.