Wednesday, August 15, 2007

August 15, 2007

Yesterday I took the boys out for a quick trip to Babies-R-Us to buy them each a booster seat. I was really tired of the high chairs and how much room they took up in the kitchen and I had been looking forward to having the boys sit at the table with us for a while now. I knew they would love it and they do. They obviously feel like such big boys now and my husband and I both really love having them sit at the table with us. They love using forks and spoons and will try to use them to eat everything, which is sometimes kind of funny. Yesterday evening, they wanted big people forks, instead of their little ones, so I got them each a salad fork and they really liked that a lot.

Another notable event that happened yesterday. When I got the boys up from their nap, Nick pointed to his bottom and said "poopy" again. This is the second time this has happened so it seems he is moving in the right direction. Yesterday the boys were having fun putting diapers on their teddy bears (actually, I put them on, repeatedly, and they took them off, repeatedly). I also gave them each an old bottle so they could "feed their baby". They tried it once or twice but, overall, they weren't too interested in feeding their teddy bears.

 It is too hot to be outside for any length of time so we are just staying in and playing. I am enjoying spending time watching them play and reading to them a lot. They will now pat a chair and say "chair" or "sit" when they want me to sit down so they can get in my lap and read or just show me something. They also do it while they are eating, because they like for me to sit with them while they eat. It is very cute.

They are talking so much these days. The Sooner Start lady was here yesterday. She is only coming once a month now and she could not believe how much they had changed. She thought Ben looked like he had grown a lot and she thought both boys were talking a lot and their pronunciation was better than when she was here last, which was nice to hear.

Ben's birthday is rapidly approaching, although I just realized the other day that we will be in Arizona for his birthday. So we will plan an early birthday party for him before we leave.

No comments: