Wednesday, July 11, 2007

July 12, 2007

The other day, we went to the sprinkler park at a nearby city park. The boys had a fun time. I was constantly on alert, making sure I could see them both and trying to make sure they did not get mowed down by the big kids. It's a nice little sprinkler park. I think we will enjoy it more when the big kids go back to school. Nick, wearing the orange cap, is going through the blue hoops in this picture.












This is when we first arrived. Ben was a bit timid about getting wet but after I helped him out a little, he was really into it.















Nick does not need any help when it comes to getting wet. He absolutely loves the water. I got a great deal on their little caps so they no longer have to wear my big caps.
















Nick contemplating whether or not to walk under the big fountain of water coming out of the snakes mouth. He got in it a little and would run back out.













Watching the big kids enjoying the big splashes from the buckets. The water cycles around the different sprinkler activities so the big kids are running from one thing to the next.











Fortunately there is a little bit of water still squirting from the snake and a couple of other activities when the water moves on. The boys don't need a lot of water to have fun and they like to play with the bit that is still squirting from the snake and the blue rings.





My niece came over for a visit on Thursday morning and left this morning (Saturday). She is really great with the boys and they just love her. They had so much fun playing with her and, man, did it make things a lot easier for me! What a difference an extra set of helping hands makes.




The boys like to look through the Reader's Digest. I am using these magazines to teach them not to tear pages in books. They are doing pretty well with this.


 They are looking like such big boys lately. I can't believe how quickly they are changing.

1 comment:

Jana H said...

Lea, the picures of the boys are so cute. They just get bigger and bigger everytime I see them. I love their little swimming trunks and their hats. They're adorable. Thanks for the help with the pictures. It helped a lot.