Wednesday, July 04, 2007

July 5, 2007 - Happy July 4th!

Yesterday morning the boys wanted to play with their pajamas, after I had changed them into their clothes. So, I went into the bathroom to dispose of their dirty diapers. Soon after I heard them pulling out the kitchen trash. I told them to push it back in and stay out of the trash, which they did. Later I was looking for their pajamas and could not find them anywhere. I looked in the trash and, sure enough, there they were, right on top of the coffee grounds:). My sister and her husband lost a TV remote control that way when their kids were little.

Twice, within the last week, Ben was walking through the living room not paying attention to where he was going and smacked into the wall:). One of the times I was watching him and he was looking up and kind of behind him. The other time I was not watching but just heard the big thump. Both times he walked smack dab into a wall and fell back onto his bottom. He was not hurt either time and actually had a huge smile on his face.  I just cracked up laughing....when I think about it now, I crack up laughing again. He is such a funny kid sometimes.

We had a great time today at my grandmother's house and the boys really had fun with so many aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents around. They really handled it well and seemed to really enjoy it. They were pretty good about playing with everyone and letting some people pick them up. My sister took them for a ride up the lane in a million-year-old, little red wagon. Nick was very excited about it but Ben didn't start smiling until they were on the way back.

We were all tired when we got home. We put the boys to bed early this evening, which they desperately needed. I am lying in bed, typing this up, and I have a cat lying on my shoulder, hoping I'll stop and pet him.  Happy Independence Day!!

1 comment:

ChandraJoy said...

Sounds like you all had a great day! Alli gets to where she does not like to continue her naps from the car either! I can not wait to see the pictures of them in the wagon, I bet that was priceless!