Tuesday, July 17, 2007

July 16, 2007

I am working on teaching the boys to use words to ask for things, rather than the grunting or, more often than not, whining. We still have a long way to go on this one but they are picking it up. They are already saying peeeze and thank you a lot, which is great, but they are still learning to talk so we are learning as we go.

They will say "peeeeeeeeze!" and I am left to wonder "peeeze what?" most of the time. They can say the word but they don't seem to think of it most of the time, meaning they can say "cookie", for instance, but they don't say "peeze cookie", they just say "peeze" and point to the cabinet where the cookies are kept. They are both very smart and quick learners though, so I'm sure it will click soon. Actually, Nick was in his high chair yesterday and said "peeze cracker", which was the first time he had put two words together. I was telling Ben how to ask for a cracker politely when this happened so Nick had a little help, but I was still impressed and pleased to see he picked it up so quickly.

I am enjoying being a mom more than ever and I am loving my boys more than ever.

2 comments:

kate said...

You sound calmer, more confident and more peaceful, Lea. Good work!

Tonya said...

Good for you! It sounds like you have all crossed over into a new phase. They are listening and you are gettingyour point across:):):)