Friday, June 29, 2007

June 29, 2007 - Time is Speeding By

The boys are very into helping out in anyway they can. They now enjoy helping to carry silverware and plastic dishes to the dishwasher, picking up toys and rolling out toilet paper for anyone who will let them accompany them to the bathroom:). They are also working very hard on their stair climbing abilities, not wanting to use their hands anymore, and Nick actually OPENED a door today...I mean, he actually turned the doorknob and opened a door that was completely shut! I knew this was coming, because they have both been practicing a lot.

They still repeat many words we say and are initiating more and more words on their own, although pronunciation is not their strong suit yet:). I usually know what they are talking about though and my husband and I both have noticed they are starting to pronounce certain words more clearly. They both talk A LOT now...maybe that's because I talk to them a lot:). I am trying to teach them to say "mama, please" when they need my help with something, instead of "uuuhhhhh!! uuuhhhhh!!". So far, they have not remembered this on their own but they will say it when I remind them.

My husband took the day off today, which means he was working on his projects around the house. The project for today was repairing some guttering around the house. He really can do just about anything. I forgot to mention one day earlier this week that he left me the sweetest card, telling me he would be praying for us that day. That's when both boys were not feeling up to par and were clingy and whiny. Yesterday he brought home some beautiful star lilies. As my grandmother says, he is definitely a keeper:).

My sister, mom and niece came to visit yesterday and it was nice to have some company. My sister is so wonderful with the boys. They are normally laughing the majority of the time she is here. She is so good at entertaining them and being silly with them. It is a joy to watch.

This is really blowing my mind lately: Ben will be 2 years old in approximately 3 months!! I just can't believe it!! And Nick is only about 6 weeks behind him. Wow!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I was just saying this afternoon how there are things Kevin couldn't do when we first brought him home that he can do with ease now. I cant believe it has been such a short period of time, yet it seems like many months have vanished before our eyes.

Jana H said...

Hey, Lea. I finally got on here and read your blog. I really like it. I hate to hear that you're feeling bad again. I'll pray that you will gain your strength back. It was good to get to see you on Thursday. I got paid yesterday. I was so excited. I'm glad the boys are feeling better. I'm at work right now. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Talk to you later.

Jana H said...

Hey Lea. I just wanted to tell you that you've inspired me to start my own blog. I would love for you to check it out. The url is www.worshipnwaiting.blogspot.com. Anyway, talk to you later. Love, Jana.