Saturday, June 23, 2007

June 23, 2007 - First Night Time Duty

Last night was a first for us. Last night was the very first night I ever had to get up during the night for one of the boys. Yesterday afternoon, Nick came down with a pretty high fever of 104.6. We were giving him motrin and tylenol to help but it took a long time to work and he still had a hard night.
We didn't get much sleep between 1:00 am and 4:00 am but he did sleep from 4:00 am to around 8:30 am, which was nice. I sat in their room, rocking him while Ben slept.  I didn't like that he didn't feel well but I sure did like being there for him and rocking with him in the quiet of the room together.

Another first was that he spent a small amount of time in our bed during the night (the first time we have ever had a child in our bed). He tried to sleep but kept waking up so I took him back to his bed once the medicine kicked in. But I think he liked being snuggled up with us. He kept saying "night night?" and "daddy". It was so cute. He seemed relieved when he finally got back into his crib though and he went to sleep right away.

Ben was running a low grade fever yesterday evening. I was running a fever of 100 degrees this morning (and I suspect I was last night too) and my husband had an upset stomach, so I think we all have a bit of whatever virus this is.

2 comments:

Jennefer said...

I can't believe it has been 6 months! I hope you all are feeling better!

Melissa said...

Isn't it amazing how fast 6 months goes by. My K will be home for 6 months on the 30th.

Hope everyone is feeling better.