Saturday, June 23, 2007

June 23, 2007

Today makes 6 months since our sons came home. I have been writing a little each day about how they have grown and changed so much in that time and I have included a lot of pictures recently so today's post will be short.

Last night was a first for us. Last night was the very first night that one of our sons had a rough night and needed mommy. Yesterday afternoon, Nick came down with a pretty high fever of 104.6. We were giving him motrin and tylenol to help but it took a long time to work and he still had a hard night.

Don't you just hate to see your children suffering? It just makes me want to cry right along with them. We didn't get much sleep between 1:00 am and 4:00 am but he did sleep from 4:00 am to around 8:30 am, which was nice. I sat in their room, rocking him while Ben slept, and wondering how often he had been sick and had to suffer through the night alone, with nobody to hold and comfort him. This morning, his fever was better, although he is not eating much. He really likes to drink ice water though, which is wonderful.

Another first was that he spent a small amount of time in our bed during the night (the first time we have ever had a child in our bed). I think he was cold because his fever was slowly coming down. He tried to sleep but kept waking up so I took him back to his bed after about 30 minutes or so, when he had quit shivering. But I think he liked being snuggled up with us. He kept saying "night night?" and "daddy" and he kept pointing at the ceiling fan. Once, he even reached his little hand up and tried to grab it. It was so cute. He seemed relieved when he finally got back into his crib though and he went to sleep right away.

Ben was running a low grade fever yesterday evening. I was running a fever of 100 degrees this morning (and I suspect I was last night too) and my husband had an upset stomach, so I think we all have a bit of whatever virus this is.

My guess is that, once again, it came from church. There was a little boy in their class whose nose was running consistently. I picked him up once because he had climbed up to a place from where he could have fallen. I noticed the glands in my neck were very sore on Wednesday and Thursday, so I am guessing I am the one who brought it home from church this time.

So, we are relaxing and recovering for now. More later.

2 comments:

jeneflower said...

I can't believe it has been 6 months! I hope you all are feeling better!

MMrussianadoption said...

Isn't it amazing how fast 6 months goes by. My K will be home for 6 months on the 30th.

Hope everyone is feeling better.