Tuesday, June 19, 2007

June 19, 2007 Part 2

We celebrated our first ever Father's Day (as parents) on Sunday and I think it was a special day for everyone, but most especially my husband. We went to church, where we took turns staying with the boys during the Bible study and church hours. We had not been doing this for quite a while, but the boys were recently promoted to a new class so we are staying with them again for 4 Sundays in a row. Hopefully that will be enough to help them feel comfortable before we start leaving them again.

After church, we went out to eat, which took forever because of the "holiday". The boys did not enjoy that part too much.

When we got home, the boys went down for naps and my husband mowed the lawn while I did the weed whacking. He finished first and went out for a bike ride. He loves to ride long distance, for exercise (so he goes very fast), and he tries to get outside and ride at least once a week (in between, he swims at the gym or rides the indoor bike here). After that, the boys woke up from nap, we ate and then sat around and played with the boys and I took pictures. It was a restful day, for the most part. I printed out two of my favorite pictures of the boys (one of each child) and framed them for a Father's Day gift. My husband loved it and has already hung it in his office at work.

I have been reading the latest Robert Ludlum "Bourne" book, The Bourne Betrayal. I have almost finished it and it has been a treat, better than going to a movie, which I miss sometimes.

The boys, on the other hand, have been reading my copies of the Reader's Digest:). They love sitting next to each other, whether it is in a chair or on the couch. It's really cute to watch them together.















As for personality types, take a look at the pictures below and let me know what you think:).






























Isn't he a cutie pie? These are, by far, the best pics I have gotten of Ben to date. I have had a much harder time trying to get pics of him that really reflect his personality, but these are perfect.







































And now, here are the pictures of Nick:

He's a cutie pie too.....a very busy one:).
























































I was trying very hard to get a good shot of him but he kept moving around and would not sit still long enough and he was not into smiling at all. I have to catch him in the right mood....I guess we are all like that, so some degree:).

No comments: