Wednesday, June 13, 2007

June 13, 2007 - Climbing Up









My mom sent a couple of cute little step stools for the boys and they are having a fun time learning how to step up on them in order to get into the big chairs.















They used one to climb up into this big rocker, each carrying a book, and then they sat next to each other in the chair and started looking at their books. It was really cute. They are enjoying their new-found independence of being able to get into a chair on their own.










I have not been very good at taking pictures on our many trips to the zoo. Here is a picture of one of our outings, with the boys in their caps, but I think this may have been when we were in Kansas City.









Here is the scene that is frequently at my feet when I am standing at the kitchen sink. The boys will bring their books and toys into the kitchen and play on the rug at my feet. (Those are my toes sticking into the bottom middle of the picture:).











And here is a shot of Ben climbing up on the large ottoman in our living room. Both boys can do this now, without assistance, and Nick can also climb up onto the couch without assistance. They are growing and learning by leaps and bounds.









Here is a picture of my sister, holding Ben. She and I are very close and our close relationship is one of the reasons I really wanted to adopt two children of the same gender. Hopefully our sons will also have a very close relationship. They are certainly enjoying each other so far.  Watching them grow closer is priceless.







Here is a pool shot. We have not had a lot of time in the pool yet because of all of the rain. When it gets really hot and sunny, they are really going to love it. I put shirts on them because I knew we would not be out long and I didn't want to bother with sunscreen.











Both of the boys love to wear my husband's slippers on their arms.   It always cracks me up when they do this.

 








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope all is well with your mom.
My husband and I brought home our twins from Russia in 2003. The key to my sanity is to get out once a week without the kids for a few hours. I hope you find happier circumstances to do it again soon.
--Lisa
360.yahoo.com/lisamikeplus3

6blessings said...

Lea,

I'm finally going to be heading to your neck of the woods at the end of this month. I have been gathering a box of stuff for you. What size shoes do the boys wear? I have several pairs of shoes and some clothes. Unfortunately, all of the pants/jeans I thought I would have for you are scraps now, due to worn-out knees from playing with trucks on their hands and knees all winter. My boys are still wearing a lot of the stuff we had for them last summer, but have outgrown some things. Email me their sizes and we'll plan to meet up if you still are interested.

Kim
dcagle@pldi.net

Melissa said...

I keep saying that I need to get a pool for the back yard, but still havent. This summer is sure to be a hot one. They are cuties, Lea.

Anonymous said...

When you take the swim Diapers off tear them at the side it works so much better. Tear right at the line the come apart VERY easy.