Friday, June 22, 2007

June 22, 2007 - Five Months Home

Just because they are so cute:), here are some fun pics from the last couple of days.



The boys now get their own yogurt from the fridge. They love helping themselves, picking the flavor they want and carrying it over to their highchairs. They get very excited about yogurt time.

Since they can each eat a whole one now, they eat right out of the container and feed it to themselves. This is somewhat new because their mommy is such a mess-control freak;). In these pictures, they actually have towels on their laps to catch the drips. Momma don't like big messes:).











These bibs are great though, because they have a huge pocket along the bottom to catch all of the food.  The boys love them too because they can pick up the food that falls into the bib and still eat it.


















Always the comedian. This always gets a good laugh from me.













Daddy likes to be silly with the boys too and they love that. They were trying to get me to do this yesterday. I did it for a little while but not as long as the dad did. Maybe it is a guy thing because my husband thought it was very funny too.











I had a pillow fight with Nick and Ben yesterday afternoon. It was a lot of fun!








A cute thing from yesterday. The boys both repeat pretty much everything I say, watching my mouth to try to learn how to say the words. Their words are becoming much more clear and they are pointing to anything and everything, asking "that?" and meaning "what's that called?". Yesterday afternoon, when we were outside, playing in their little pool, Ben pointed to the umbrella, wanting to know the word for it. When I said umbrella, he repeated it after me. He actually did a pretty good job but I was cracking up because, while saying it, he had the tip of his little tongue just inside his lips, where I could see it clearly, and it was moving from one side of his mouth to the other, along his lips, when he would try to say this word. It was a crack up. He did it again, several times and with a smile on his face, for daddy at dinner last night.

It is so fun to watch them learn and grow. They can reach so much higher now that I am constantly amazed at what they can do. Ben was standing flat-footed and had his hand on our bedroom door knob yesterday. They are trying so hard to turn the door knobs, it won't be long before they figure it out. We can't leave anything along the edges of the countertops in the kitchen and they can reach pretty far onto the kitchen table now. I also have to be very careful now when I take anything out of the top oven and really have to watch them extra close when using the bottom oven. I normally make them go into the living room when I am opening the ovens these days.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, they will have been home for 5 months tomorrow. Ben will be 21 months old in about a week, and Nick about 19.5 months old now. It is really hard for me to believe how much they have changed in 5 months. They are so much fun to watch and be with. I love being their mom and I love being a stay at home mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, yogurt. You are one brave woman.(Mine are 3-1/2 and 4, and we do yogurt a lot, but it still makes me cringe. My daughter is one messy eater.)

I was tempted by that "learning tower", too. But we decided for the money, we could just let them take turns standing on a chair instead. (Of course, this leads to other things you might not like. To prevent that, we removed all the chairs from the family room, and still haven't put them back two years later.) When my two were the age of yours, I sometimes put them into their high chairs to watch me cook.

Sue B