Tuesday, June 03, 2008

June 3, 2008

Yesterday we had a very fun day. My friend and her two sons went to 'the farm' yesterday. Her older son turned three yesterday and her younger one is around 8 months old. My brother has a farm, which I have mentioned before. I gave my niece a ride back to her house yesterday and invited my friend and her sons to go with us.

All of the boys got to take rides on the big green tractor. It is one of the closed-cab tractors and has a horn! They all liked that and they also got to help drive. They each also had two rides on one of the large four wheelers and got to help steer also. They played with the puppies, which were definitely a favorite of the 8 month old. They played with the baby sheep and the birthday boy got to help feed it with a bottle. They got to pet a baby kitten and they also got to sit on a horse, which they all really enjoyed. There were roosters and chickens all over and Nick had a fun time chasing a chicken all around the yard, while yelling "goose, goose, goose". It was very funny.  After all of the farm fun, we all went to eat at a local burger joint.

One thing I wanted to document is that Nick used his little potty chair TWICE yesterday afternoon/evening, for the first time ever. That was an exciting time for all of us:). It was very cute and very self-driven. When he really decides that he is ready to be potty trained, I think it will happen very quickly. I'm still a bit undecided about when to really start training them. Nick can be so resistant at times if something is not his idea that I am still up in the air about this. The last thing I want is for this to become a point of contention.

Much more prayer needed about all of this. I have a bunch of cute pictures that I need to post soon. Maybe I can do it tonight.

No comments: