Friday, November 02, 2007

November 2, 2007 Part 2

I was going to post a couple of pictures today but blogger is not allowing it right now so I will do it later. We have not taken any pictures of Ben's face after the surgery. We need to do that sometime today, for the record:).  It is actually very hard to tell how big the actual cut was right now. The tape should come off on it's own, sometime over the next week or so. The only stitches are inside and they will dissolve on their own. We have to take him back for a check up on Wednesday. He has been doing great today; no signs of pain or anything. His surgeon called today to see how he was doing, which I thought was very nice. He also said if we have any concerns over the weekend to call him.

Today has been amazing, considering how yesterday went. I decided this morning to let all housework go today and focus 100% on the boys. They have played on me and we have read books and more books. It has been a very mellow day and they really have been very good. It's like night and day, compared to yesterday. Of course yesterday I was also tired and stressed so I'm sure that didn't help matters.

We are going to celebrate Nick's birthday with my sister's family tomorrow, since they will be away on the actual weekend of his birthday. We just decided this a couple of hours ago. So, after the boys finished eating lunch, we went out to order the cake. I was expecting a difficult time, since it was really time for their nap. But we made three stops, including looking at toys at Walmart and Toys R Us, and they both behaved really well. It was a fast-paced shopping trip so that helped.

I can't believe it is already so close to Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am very excited for the holidays this year. It will be fun to share with the boys.

2 comments:

MMrussianadoption said...

Stress free is always good.

Debbie said...

Glad the boys did good today. I think your instinct in not leaving them with a sitter yet is good. You know best for your boys.