Saturday, September 01, 2007

September 1, 2007

...we are all sick and we caught it from Nick who caught it from church. We had not been in 4 weeks. We missed three weeks because of my hospital stay and recovery from pneumonia. We missed the fourth week because we wanted to visit my mom, who is taking chemo and can't be around anyone sick, and my grandmother, who is 96, was in the hospital with a broken pelvis and didn't need to be around anyone sick either. We finally made it back to church last Sunday and now we are all sick again.

A side note: I'm not sure if I mentioned that my husband taught our Bible study class last Sunday and he did an awesome job. That is the first time I have heard him teach or speak in front of a group and he is definitely gifted at it.

Back to the subject at hand: The boys both have very runny noses and Nick is coughing some, especially at night. Ben is a day or two behind him so his nose just started running yesterday. My husband is feeling like he is fighting it. I started having achey-ness and fever yesterday evening, took something for it and then woke up at 4:30am, freezing from chilling and very achey again. I still feel pretty badly and my body hurts so I have been resting this morning and my husband is entertaining the boys. This is bringing back terrible and way-to-recent memories of my horrible experience with the pneumonia.

I can't believe I am sick AGAIN. I had really just starting feeling normal again this past week, with my energy level back again. Hopefully this won't last long.

The good news is that we have a three day weekend this weekend. Hopefully I will feel much better tomorrow and will be able to enjoy it with my family.

The other good news is that my husband is taking off on Friday of the upcoming week also. So he only has a three day work week and we will have another three day weekend, which is wonderful.

My mom is now feeling better and should remain this way until after her next chemo treatment. She and my sister may come to visit us on Thursday, if we are over our sickness. Hopefully we will all be well by then, as it seems like it has been way too long since we have seen them.

2 comments:

6blessings said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Ugh!

musicmommy3 said...

I'm so sorry that you guys are sick again. Remember, "this too shall pass." I remember so clearly when my 2 oldest were little and would pick up everything from church. They have much better immune systems now and for that I'm thankful. It's just that communicable age where kids put everything in their mouths.

Sending prayers to the Father for you and your family. :)