Thursday, September 20, 2007

September 20, 2007

Today we had our first official play date. Another doctor and his wife and two sons just moved here from Texas and I had met them a few weeks ago. They are now settled in so we invited them over today for a play date. It was nice because this mom just moved here and doesn't know very many people yet and, even though we moved here over a year and a half ago, I have not been very good about getting to know people here so it was nice that we could get together. I really enjoyed visiting with her and her 2 year old son (D) and my two sons played really well together. Her other son is only 3 months old and boy is he a cutey. I enjoyed holding him.

Actually, Nick enjoyed playing with D a lot and wanted to do everything he did. Ben was kind of funny about it. He kind of stayed off by himself and played on his own. They were all in the sandbox for only a few minutes before Ben got out and started playing in the yard on his own. The entire time they were here, he mostly stayed away from the other two and played by himself. I'm not sure what was up with that. He and Nick always play really well together. I found it very interesting and was kind of sad for him because I felt like he might be a little sad that Nick was playing with D. I could be wrong about that though. He would come over to the adults for attention every once in a while and I held him a few times and he seemed pretty happy and content and he was smiley, so I'm not really sure what was going through his mind. He is a bit of an introvert so maybe that's all it was. Maybe he does better one on one, rather than in a group of three.

The boys all played outside, while we sat and watch them and visited. My good friend Francie came over to join us. The play date was actually her suggestion, although I was already thinking the same thing:). We sat on the patio, under the ceiling fan (it was a bit warm out), and then eventually made our way back inside the house for lunch. The boys sat at the little kids table and they were pretty much finished eating before the adults began. When Nick saw me eating, he wanted into his booster seat at the big table and then he preceded to eat everything in sight, when he had previously said he was finished so he could run and play with D. I was glad to see him eating so much. He needs to put on a couple of pounds.

We had a very nice first play date. It really could not have gone better, so that was great. The other great thing is that now my house is very clean, I have already eaten, the boys are napping and I have some free time to do whatever I want:). Yay!

We are going out to dinner with two other families from our church Bible study class tomorrow evening, which will be fun, and on Saturday evening we will have a small get together to celebrate Ben's birthday with my family. In another week or so, we will be heading to Arizona for a week, which I am really looking forward to. I think it will be a really fun time for us all and I am looking forward to introducing the boys to my husband's family and friends, most especially to his sister:).

I received the latest homeschooling book I recently ordered. It is titled "100 Top Picks For Homeschool Curriculum" and subtitled "Choosing the right curriculum and approach for your child's learning style". I read quite a bit of it on Amazon, as the Search Inside feature seemed to be broken and allowed me to read more than normal. I didn't feel bad about continuing to read it though, since I had already ordered it:). It looks like it will be a pretty good book...hopefully it will anyway. If anyone has read this book, I would love to hear your thoughts about it.

And now, I am going to read for a little while until my cute little guys wake up from their nap.

2 comments:

Educator-To-Be said...

Lea, you have an enchanting and captivating blog! I extend all best wishes to you and your husband and your two new boys. Amy

Lea said...

Thanks Amy!