Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 12, 2009

We just returned from a lovely weekend in Kansas City, visiting our friends there. We all had a great time and I will post more about it later, including pictures.

We just rolled in and I am sitting with the boys while they fall asleep. As I was giving N his goodnight hugs and kisses, he said that when he is big like daddy, I won't be able to pick him up anymore. I told him I would be sad when I couldn't pick him up anymore because he is such a sweetie pie (or something like that). He said that he would love on me and then he said that when he gets big, he is going to marry me.....to which Ben promptly replied that he would marry daddy:). Nick went on to say that I am his best friend and that is why he is going to marry me when he gets big and that he is going to hug me after he marries me. Every time Nick finished a sentence, Ben would repeat the same sentence about daddy. Such a sweet age.

We had a fantastic trip and the boys did great, although this was our first longish trip with the boys since they have been potty trained so it was also the longest trip to K.C. and back, since we had to make lots of stops.

They have been quiet now for all of about 5 minutes and I think Ben is already asleep. I knew it wouldn't take long. They should sleep in tomorrow and take a good nap also because they have played so hard and had longer and napless days while we were gone.

I am ready for bed too. More later. Good night.

1 comment:

kate said...

Very sweet!