Monday, April 27, 2009

April 27, 2009

The husband was off on vacation last week so we planned to take that trip to know, the one that was canceled due to the big, two day snow storm we had in March. So we planned to go for a long weekend, the first weekend of our vacation week.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this in an earlier post or not but I started getting sick on Wednesday, April 15th. Turns out that the following Saturday and Sunday were my two worst days, when I was feeling especially terrible. I ended up losing my voice and getting a sinus infection on top of everything else. My voice really just came back to normal yesterday. So we once again moved our trip out, thinking that by the end of the week I would be feeling good again. I think it might have been around Wednesday that the husband came down with whatever illness I had. His worst day by far was yesterday (Sunday).

In the meantime, Ben came down with the other virus that has been working it's way through our family. This is the one that the husband had first, then I got, then Nick and then Ben finally got it. It is the strangest virus I have ever seen. We all had the same symptoms. It starts out with an eye infection that requires antibiotic eye drops. It quickly moves on to cold-like symptoms. Fortunately, by the time Ben got it, we recognized the symptoms very quickly and got the eye infection under control within two days. He only had a light case of the cold symptoms so he never missed a beat really (neither did Nick when he had it - they recover so quickly).

So we never made it to Kansas City, much to our disappointment. We were all really looking forward to spending time with our friends but we will have to plan another time.

We are all relieved that, it seems, we are finally getting over all of this. The husband and I are both still taking antibiotics. Our symptoms? Fever, body aches, coughing....your basic flu-like symptoms. The husband actually went to work one day to take the flu test, just to make sure. It came back negative though. He took it again today, just to be sure, and it came back negative again. So, we're not sure what we have had but, thankfully, it was not the flu.

Not much else to report around here. We had a very low key week, since we were not feeling well. The boys really never missed a beat so the dad and I were juggling our time with them by who felt the worst at any given moment:). Fortunately we were not both feeling at our worst at the same time so the juggling worked out pretty well.

Well, gotta go. Time to get boys ready for bed:).


Jana H said...

Glad you all are feeling better. My mom said things are going well with the job prospects. I'll be praying for you guys. I love you all so much, and give the boys and hug and a kiss for me.

kristin said...

Sorry to hear that you guys were all sick! I hate that! Thank goodness it wasn't the swine flu! Feel better soon.

MMrussianadoption said...

its the worst when you have to take care of others while you are sick or when your kids are sick and you have to take care of them. hope you all have a speedy recovery