Saturday, April 04, 2009

April 4, 2009

Well, with spring comes all of the garage sales again:). We have been wanting to get the boys a small bike so last night I looked on Craig's List and found one that was in a garage sale today for $15. The lady held it for us and we went to get it this morning. It is a bit bigger than I had intended but I think it will do. Then, on our way home, we stopped by another place and found one exactly like I had in mind, a bit smaller than the first, for $12 and it was in perfect condition (the first one had couple of small torn places on the seat but was otherwise fine). So two little boy bikes for $27 and no tax. Not bad;). I love to get a great deal.

The wind is really crazy here today. When we were on our way back home, I said to the husband that I have a very low tolerance for wind. He said "I noticed". Part of the problem was that I was not dressed warmly enough. It looks like it would be very warm outside and it is really not too bad but, with the wind, I could have used a heavier jacket.

In other news, potty training is going great. Yesterday the boys even wore their big-boy underwear when they took their nap and they both stayed dry. I think we have only had one accident in three or four days now. I am hopeful that the current package of pull ups will be our last ones to purchase. Regardless, we are definitely going through them very very slowly these days, which is great.

Well, I don't really have much to say today. Isn't that a surprise. We are just hanging out. The dad is doing some touch up painting around the house. I have been working on some of my little projects. I finished erasing the pencil marks in two maze books that the boys really enjoyed and I thought they could do again. I also finished sewing a new cover for one of two little stools. I think I mentioned this once before. They are made out of tall cans and one of my great aunt's made them back when my brothers were just little tykes. All the kids have used them so much that they are looking pretty ratty and the material that covers them is falling apart. I will post some before and after pictures soon. I still have to recover the second one.

The other thing we did this week is the boys and I had a fun day with papier mache. I cut some shapes out of a cardboard box (square, circle, star, rectangle, triangle) and I also made a ball and a giraffe. It was the first time I have ever done this and I really enjoyed it. The boys had fun too, although I ended up finishing some of what they started, which is to be expected for 3 year olds. We have not painted them yet but we will have a fun day of painting sometime soon.

That's it. Not much other news. Hope you are having a fun Saturday. I will post pics soon.

No comments: