Tuesday, February 02, 2010

February 2, 2010

Last week I was washing a load of clothes and the boys were at the kitchen table playing with play dough. The washing machine shifted cycles from washing to rinse or spin or something and, all of a sudden, there was this very loud, obnoxious sound coming from the laundry room that startled all of us. I ran in and turned it off, looked inside (it looked normal), switched it from a fast/fast rotation to a slower rotation and turned it back on. It immediately started making the same noises and then I smelled a burning smell so I quickly turned it back off.

Later I removed all of the clothes and, when the husband got home, we worked together to bail out all of the water. He found a web site where you pay a small fee and a washer repair guy walks you through some steps to see if you can fix it. The husband took it apart and tried what they told him but it did not fix the problem. They said we probably need a new part so he ordered it. It is suppose to arrive today. If this does not fix the problem, we will either hire a repair guy to come in and fix it or we will buy a new one.

In the meantime, the dirty laundry is building up fast around here. We actually stopped by WalMart and picked up another package of underwear and socks for the boys last night, only because they were needing them anyway. Otherwise I would have washed some out by hand.

I have never seen a laundromat since I have lived here. I am sure there are some, although I suspect they may be in areas of the city in which I may not feel very safe. My plan is to head to my sister's house tomorrow with a car full of laundry, if the new part does not fix the problem tonight.

No comments: