Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 30, 2010

In the first two pictures, the boys are playing with the wind vanes we made.
The dad took the boys to the zoo one recent weekend afternoon, when the weather was much warmer than now. They had a fun time doing this:
and this:
I don't think they actually saw very many animals but they had a fun time.

Morning reading time with the mom:).
The boys each got a bean bag chair for Christmas. Here they are, sitting together and looking at their books. The dad must have taken this one and it is one of my favorites.
They both love books. I hope their love and appreciation for books will last throughout their lives.
Do you like our boat? Mom built it:). (Based on the picture on the box. I am not quite that creative on my own.) They had so much fun with this. The swords are their oars.
And here is our knight in shining armor on his white horse, coming to save the day....straight from bed and still in his jammies:).
The boys had fun playing outside in the snow today. Once again, we improvised with our plastic-bag-duct-taped boots. Does he look as if he is having fun?

They look like they are wearing some sort of moon boots, don't they? I enjoy watching them play in the snow. I stand at the window with a smile on my face the entire time I am watching them. They attack their snow play with such delightful abandon. It also brings back a lot of fond memories from my childhood.

Nick was especially tired and a bit cranky after playing outside in the snow. It is exhausting work for a child. He fell asleep during quiet time while looking for Waldo.
And, here are Ben and Nick, giving a shout out to one of their favorite cousins. We love you!
And that's all for today folks!

1 comment:

Jana H said...

Lea, these pictures are great. I can't get over how big they are and how cute they are. I love the picture of them sitting on the bean bag together. That's so precious. I hope you all are doing well.