Wednesday, September 02, 2009

September 2, 2009

The boys are doing great. Today we were looking at some of their baby pictures and I had a hard time believing how little they were then...and they were both such chubsters. They are such boys now and very cute and sweet ones, even if I do say so myself.
They are both very into telling us what to say these days, in their pretending. It is so funny. Nick has told me to say something and then, after I said it, he said "why?". I never know what to say to that so I just say, "I don't know. You told me to say that".

Yesterday we were driving in the car and Ben said something (I don't remember what he was talking about now) that started with "In the old days....". It really cracked me up because it was not something that related to "the old days" at all but that did get them talking about how in the old days they didn't have cars and they used horses to pull buggies and such. They are coming up with some very funny things these days and I need to do a better job of writing them down.

We are all getting over colds around here. Nick got it first, then the dad was very sick last Saturday. I have seldom seen him feeling that badly. I think this was only the second time in the almost 5 years we have been married. Ben ended up coming down with it around the same time as the dad. Now they are all recovering fairly nicely, though with some running noses, and I have not felt so well the past couple of days. But I think we are almost over it all.

The boys have really been enjoying playing outside lately. Our weather has been absolutely incredible. The is the coolest August Oklahoma has enjoyed in quite some time and I think we have set quite a few record days with coolest ever weather. It is now bright and sunny and around 74 degrees outside. The perfect day, although it was cloudy and trying to rain most of the day today.

Dinner is ready so I must go. Maybe more later...maybe with some pics.

1 comment:

Jana H said...

Hey, Lea, good to hear from you. I'm glad everyone is feeling good. Are you guys doing anything fun for Labor Day? Well, I hope you guys have fun and I am praying that you will get a bite on your house soon. I don't know when I'll see you, but hopefully soon. Give my love to everyone. Hey by the way, have you ever heard of the program called Skype? It's a thing you use with webcams and you can talk over the internet and actually see the person you are talking to. I just thought it would be neat because I could see you guys and we could talk. If you want more info on it, just let me know. If not, I totally understand. Love you so much.