Saturday, March 07, 2009

March 7, 2009 Part 2

Here are some pictures I have been meaning to post for a while.

Nick wanted me to take his picture with that little piece of white play dough in front of him. Isn't that special?

These next two are my play dough creations:). Notice that we long ago gave up trying to keep colors separate. If they stay separate, that's great. If not, that's great and quite interesting too:).

This is Ben's creation:
Nick and Ben were playing 'car' one morning. I tried to sneak up on them to take a cute picture but they caught me. It is almost impossible to do that these days.
Ben and Nick 'reading' to each other. They have so many stories memorized that they do a pretty good job of pretending to read. They each have a version of Peter Rabbit and they are comparing them.

A boy and his cat. Nick is becoming pretty good friends with Dancer and both boys are spending less time bothering the cats these days. Nick did push Dancer a bit too far last night and Dancer gave him a little bite on the arm. He didn't break the skin but he let Nick know that he meant business. Nick was a bit shocked because Dancer puts up with a lot so Nick was not expecting him to react that way. I think Nick learned a good lesson though and he will think twice before mistreating Dancer in the future. That being said, most of the time they are very good buddies, Dancer seeks Nick out and purrs very loudly when Nick gives him attention.I forgot to mention that I am really starting to see just how much Ben does not like change. We broke out the shorts and T-shirts this week and Ben has not been very excited about wearing a T-shirt. He wanted his long sleeves and told me several times that he did not like the short sleeves. The problem with that is that he is very hot natured so I knew he would be too hot once he started playing, especially if he was outside. We found a good compromise. He starts off by wearing a light weight hoodie jacket and then takes it off when he starts getting hot. He has also not been real excited about switching to sandals but I know he will like them once he starts wearing them again. He cracks me up sometimes though with his resistance to change. My sister and her son also are not big fans of change so he is in good company in our family.

No comments: