Wednesday, March 05, 2008

March 5, 2008

We continue to be very busy around here, so much so that I relish the days when we can just stay home all day and take life slower.

Yesterday was MOPS. Part of our area had ice and a bit of snow so the turn out was down compared to our normal MOPS crowd. My friend with whom we have had several play dates with her son (and the baby son:) was there and we invited our new friend with the twin girls and they were there. There was another mom at our table, me and our table leader. We had a nice visit, good food, watched an interesting video, talked about our table discussion questions and did a fun little craft. I invited the other three moms and their children over for a play date next week. This will be our biggest play date ever and I am really looking forward to it. I think the kids will have fun and the mom's will enjoy getting to know each other a bit more. Hopefully it will be a pretty day and the kids will be able to play outdoors part of the time.

This afternoon we have an appointment to have our dryer fixed. It is still working but it makes an extremely loud noise, to the point that I'm almost afraid to use it. The laundry is piling up so hopefully it will get fixed today. Tomorrow we have an Easter egg hunt. This will be the first Easter egg hunt for the boys. I think they will really enjoy it. Hopefully the weather will be nice. We are at that time of year when it can be 75 and sunny one day and sleeting and snowing the next, which happened just this week, so you just never know what it's going to do next.

We have our time change coming up this weekend. I think it will work out nicely for us because the boys have been waking up a bit earlier and earlier as time has gone by so this will put them right back on schedule to what they used to do, at least for a little while.

They are so funny. Yesterday I was vacuuming and they would run to the bookshelf, grab a bunch of books, run to their tent, which is still set up in the dad's office, and sit and look at their books. Every time I turned off the vacuum to move something or relocate to a different outlet, they thought I was done and they would cheer 'yay mommy!'. It was so funny. They still point to light bulbs that the dad changed out a couple of months ago and say 'yay daddy!'.

The other thing that is big right now is the word 'be'. They will point to something that is up high, such as a balloon or something, and say 'mommy, balloon be up high', in a very excited voice. Or when the dad puts one of them on his shoulders, they will say 'be tall' or 'be up high' or something like that. I am not sure where this came from but it is quite funny. I normally just repeat their sentence in the correct way. I have to repeat everything they say anyway or they won't quit saying it:).

They are talking so much these days. I am actually starting to hear complete sentences here and there. I have to work to understand them though, since they are not quite put together right but they certainly get their message across. Ben especially loves the new little toy that I recently bought with my birthday money that helps them learn the alphabet and play letter games.

Nick is very into removing clothing and wanting to sit on the potty chair right now. I am just going with the flow and letting him sit on it when he wants. He normally has his PJ's off, when I come in to get them in the morning and he frequently takes off his pants when he is running around the house and sometimes he tries taking off his diaper too. He knows how to pull his pants up by himself now, if he is wearing sweat pants or some other type of pants with an elastic waistband.

They continually surprise me on what they will eat. They really like tomatoes, carrots, baby spinach and regatta cheese in their salad and sometimes we throw in some fruit too. They like mushrooms and will now eat a hamburger with everything on it. Nick actually picked up onions that had fallen off his burger and ate them. He would kind of make a funny face but he kept eating them anyway. I have found some really good mixed frozen veggies, that come with some sauce/spices type of packages to put on them at Sam's and they are really good. They have red peppers in them and the boys love them.

They are awake and calling me now so I must run. More later. I am way overdue for posting a bunch of pictures.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I thought it was just my son who wouldn't shut up if I didn't repeat back to him what he says. So it is normal. Thank goodness. I thought he had OCD and had to say everything at least 7 times. lol