Wednesday, May 23, 2007

May 23, 2007 - Momma Llama

Funny boys: When I touch myself and say "momma", they will touch themselves the same way and

say "momma". When we are looking at the zoo book and I point to the llama and say "llama", they both say "momma".  Cracks me up:).

They have so many words now that I have lost track of them. Recently, when we were having our morning snack, I asked if they wanted anything else. Nick said "nana". I asked if he wanted a banana and they both started repeating "nana" a couple of times and reaching towards the bananas. So I got a banana and we all ate it together.

They currently ask for what they want by pointing and/or grunting or reaching towards what they want and Nick will sometimes sign for "more". The other day Ben was using his nose to "point" to certain foods in his dish when he wanted to eat that particular food.  He did this repeatedly, almost putting his nose into his food and blocking his entire plate with his head, to point to the food he wanted to eat next. Very funny little boy.

They both know the majority of the parts of their body now. It is really amazing how quickly they learn things. A couple of days ago, I showed Nick how to pull the ball-shaped shape sorter apart and shake it to make the shapes fall out. This morning I saw him doing it by himself and I was really surprised that he remembered how and that he was strong enough and coordinated enough to do it.

We went to my sister's house yesterday and spent the day visiting with her, my mom and my niece and nephew. The boys had a great time and they really loved rolling around on the floor with my nephew. He is just finishing seventh grade and he is really good with them and they both just love him to death. The neat thing was what my nephew told my sister after the last time we visited. When he was little, like our little guys, he always loved playing with his older, male cousin. He couldn't wait for his cousin to arrive at our family events and would hang on him and rough-house with him the whole time. My nephew told my sister that he now gets to be to our boys what his cousin was to him when he was little. It was really sweet.




Nick with his "buddy". We bought this little giraffe at a grocery store in Volgograd. He sleeps with it every night and at nap time. It is the perfect size for him. Sometimes Ben will walk around with his thumb in his mouth while holding Nick's little buddy.

It is funny because Ben is not a thumb sucker at all and does not really care about a buddy or lovey or anything else. He just likes to do it because he sees Nick doing it.  I bought him a little buddy, a small stuffed kitty that looks a lot like this giraffe actually (same color and just a little smaller). We hand it to him every night when he goes "night night" and he promptly smiles and throws it out of his crib, no matter how many times we pick it up and give it back to him:).








Ben and Nick playing in the library room of our house. We had work men taking out two large windows in our living room so I had to move all of the toys into another room and we camped out there for the day.












I taught Nick how to climb onto the rocking horse by himself. He loves to rock it as high as he can, surprise surprise.  I thought it was funny how Nick put his legs up around the horses neck. 


Nick has also learned how to climb up on the couch by himself now. Fun times have begun!











Do you think he enjoys himself??








































After wearing my ball cap at the zoo the other day, Nick now has this thing for caps.



1 comment:

Tonya said...

Hey Lea! Glad you're blogging again. I am just getting around to catching up on the last few posts of all my old haunts. I will probably be blind in the morning:):):). All of my babies said "mamamamamamamama" -just practicing sounds (they did "dadadada" too). The day will come when they associate the word "mama" with you:):):)