Sunday, February 04, 2007

February 6, 2007 - Nick's Shadow

This evening, Nick was walking around the living room when he saw his shadow.  It scared him so much that he went running to daddy, half crying/whining. He found it irresistible. He kept going back again and again and became less and less scared each time. It was pretty funny.

During nap time today, I heard "meow meow" over the baby monitor and could hear one of the boys jabbering. I sneaked into their room and could see Dancer the cat lying in the middle of the floor, looking at them in their cribs and meowing at them. They were both in their cribs, one standing and one sitting, watching him. Nick was sitting and kind of half crying/whining. I suspect he had been awakened by Dancer's shenanigans.  Ben was standing and fully enjoying the cat show. Hmmmm, I wonder how often this has happened when I was not aware of it.

Today, Nick said (or tried to say) "bye bye", while waving, when dad left to go run errands. He also tried to say "baby". Ben listens very intently when we try to teach him new words, although he does not try to say them much. He does wave bye bye and my husband and I both think he can probably say a lot more words than he lets on.








1 comment:

kate said...

The Cat Show is tooo funny!