Sunday, February 01, 2009

February 1, 2009

Well, Ben, Nick and I all have the cold now so we have not done a whole lot this weekend. The boys both continue to play and run around as if they are perfectly well; not so with me. It amazes me how they seem to be so oblivious to having a cold. They just continue on as if nothing is different, except for the quick detours to the tissue box.

I find a trail of tissues next to every tissue box around the house. Most of them, if not all of them, are Nick's, as he has the most runny nose of the three of us. He takes one tissue, wipes his runny nose and puts it next to the tissue box....and then he comes back a bit later and does the same thing again, even though he could easily use that one tissue more than once. Oh well, at least he is wiping his own nose now and he has learned to blow it a bit now too. Ben still blows out of his mouth, for the most part. Fortunately he has only had one day where he really needed to blow his nose. He was a bit frustrated that day but, since then, he has been doing pretty well.

I have had a very low level of energy, which I really don't like. It makes everything seem like such an effort. The dad has been doing extra to help out so I could take some rest periods during the day...especially today, since Nick woke up at 1:00am, thinking it was morning. He came into our room saying, "mommy, I can't see!", because our room was darker than the other parts of the house. He was not a very happy camper when he found out it was not time to wake up yet. I was not a very happy camper either, as I ended up being awake from at least 1:00 to 3:00 and had fitful sleep after 3:00. But I am very thankful I was able to take a good nap today and also to rest a lot.

Our ice is pretty much all gone now and it has warmed up once again. It is so nice to have a few warmer days mixed in with the wintery days so the boys can enjoy playing outside. We really have not been out much this past week, with the bad weather and now our colds. We stayed home today (Sunday) because I do not like it when people bring sick kids to church and leave them in the classes with the other kids. That is how my guys usually end up catching something, although I know there is normally a period where your child is coming down with something and could be spreading it but you may not know it yet.

I talked to the lady who is copying the boys' lifebooks and she said she should have them back to us by the end of this week. She is also putting them on a CD for us, which will be nice to have. She is copying them on to card stock paper. Once we get them, we can decide how we want to put them into a book. We have had several ideas on the best way to do this but it will be more clear once we actually see them. I am excited to see how they turn out.

Well, I'm just waiting for the boys to fall asleep so I can head to bed myself. Hope you had a good weekend.

No comments: