Friday, December 19, 2008

December 19, 2008

A couple of weeks ago, the boys and I stopped by Tuesday Morning to check out their puzzles. As we were walking through the parking lot on our way into the store, we saw an older gentleman in the driver's seat of a van. It looked as if he was waiting for his wife to finish her shopping. We all had a good chuckle because he was asleep and his mouth was open very wide. The boys found that quite funny.

Today I was cleaning the house and I could hear the boys playing in the living room. I walked through to see what they were doing. They had been riding their tricycles and had 'parked' them in front of the side door. They were pretending to be asleep and had their mouths wide open. Even though it had been a couple of weeks since we had seen the old gentleman, I knew right away what they were pretending and I laughed out loud. It was so funny to see them pretending this and also very funny that they remembered it to the point of wanting to pretend it a couple of weeks after we saw it. Very funny.

The boys were very good today while I cleaned, thankfully. I am trying to catch up on some much needed cleaning and decluttering. I got a lot done today but still have much to do.

I am very thankful that today was the last day of work for the dad for the next two weeks. Yay! It will be so nice to have him around and the boys are really going to enjoy it too. Also, his sister is coming to visit on Monday and will be staying for about a week and a half, so we are all looking forward to that. The boys are so excited.

As it turns out, I did not have a cold. I had/have a sinus infection and it seems that I have probably had it for quite some time and it just kept flaring up....or something like that. Anyway, yesterday was my worst day. I started taking some medicine yesterday morning and today I felt much better.

My mom and sister and nephew came for a visit yesterday. The boys had so much fun. The lady who does our post placement reports also came by yesterday. My sister put the boys down for their nap while I talked with the post placement lady (can't remember what they are called:). When the boys woke up, the first thing they asked about was whether MaMa, Aunt Kathy and Trenton were still here. When I told them that they had gone home, they cried. They are normally gone when the boys wake up from their nap but I'm thinking maybe we forgot to tell them this time. I felt so bad. Next time I'll have to remember to set their expectations better. They will get to see them more over the holidays though so that will be nice.

So we got the home visit out of the way for our post placement report and I already have all of the photos ready but still need to make copies. It is due by the end of January so we have plenty of time but I always like to make sure that we are early. I think our report will be ready around the first or second week of January so that should be great. After this one, we only have one more to do in January of next year.

I have also been spending a good amount of time knocking out pages for the boys' lifebooks. I am ashamed to admit this because, as much as I have talked about the importance of lifebooks on this blog, I'm sure people probably would assume I had them finished by now. I had done a lot on Ben's but I now have finally caught them up where Nick's and Ben's are at the same point. I am very close to being finished and will be sooooo happy when they are completed. I am going to try to spend some time on it over the next two weeks and see how much I can accomplish.

We are going out to dinner and then to do a bit of shopping, so off I go:).
Merry Christmas!

No comments: