Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September 30, 2008

Boy, have we been busy!

First, my little Ben is now 3 years old. We had a fun time celebrating his birthday. Ben, Nick and I baked Ben's birthday cake together and they both helped decorate the cake. That was a big hit and I think that will be our tradition going forward. It was a lot of fun.

We had a very small birthday party and Ben enjoyed having everyone sing happy birthday to him, eating his cake (finally!....it was difficult for the boys to wait all day to eat that cake!) and opening his gifts. Our friends who live nearby and are like another set of grandparents to our sons joined us for our little celebration. They got Ben a play microwave for his birthday and it came with a couple of handfuls of different kinds of fake food that you might heat up in a microwave. Ben was playing with it and someone asked him what he was cooking. He said "a mouse". He was actually cooking a whole chicken but I guess it looked like a mouse to him:). It was funny.

We are still fighting this illness that is going around our house. I thought I had beaten it but today the scratchy throat started and I had a fever of just under 100 degrees so I guess I have not quite beaten it yet. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

Must go. Exhausted and time for bed:).

1 comment:

Jana H said...

Lea, I hate to hear you all are not feeling up to par. Being sick is never fun. I will definitely be praying for you. I'm glad B had a wonderful birthday. Can't wait to see all of you. Hugs and Kisses, Jana