Friday, September 26, 2008

September 26, 2008

As I was fixing lunch today, I told the boys to go wash their hands. I normally go to supervise, as they love playing in the water and will make big messes at times. But I am ready to quit supervising so I thought we would see how it went today. They were taking quite a long time and I could still hear water running so I went to see what they were up to. They had put both hand towels in the sink, soaked them with water and had also put some soap on top. They were having quite a good time. I was not so happy about it, although if I am going to have to clean up a mess, I prefer this kind of 'clean' mess to the yucky ones:).

In other news, B woke up from his nap yesterday with a fever and he still has it today. When given ibuprofen, he seems perfectly fine. Without it, he wants to be held all the time and, when I can't hold him, he curls up in a chair and pretty much stays there. Hopefully it will be short lived. He has not had any medicine since early this morning and he seems fine right now and his temp is good so hopefully he is on the mend.

The dad's week of vacation is quickly (too quickly) coming to an end. We have had a nice, relaxing week though and I am very thankful for the break. Yesterday we received the climbing dome I mentioned in an earlier post. (Google climbing dome if you want to see what one looks like.) We finally decided to go ahead and order one so it arrived yesterday and the dad and I set it up yesterday evening. He finished it this morning and the boys had a ball climbing on it. I was quite surprised because Nick is usually the more athletic and coordinated of the two but it was Ben who took off climbing like a little monkey and Nick who wanted help. They never ceased to surprise me. I think it is going to be a popular outdoor activity and am very thankful we were able to get it for the boys.

The dad is putting the boys down for their nap and I have not had lunch yet so I am going to go eat and take a little break before they wake up in approximately one hour or so.

1 comment:

Jana H said...

Sounds like the boys are changing and growing. I'm glad they like the climbing dome. My mom was telling me about it.

As for the political spectrum, it is a mess. I tried to watch a little of the debates, but I didn't get in a whole lot. We really need to pray for our country and in its leaders in these last days before the election.

Well, I'll talk to you later.
Jana