Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 11, 2012

We had a great day with school today.  We have added almost every subject now for 1st grade.  We did Science today for the first time and the boys really enjoyed it.  We are studying the human body and this week they are learning about cells, blood vessels, veins, arteries, and organs.  They loved it.  We will do an experiment on Friday (we are schooling Friday this week because we missed Monday).  Tomorrow is a history day and we have two history projects to do.  We will likely do one of them on Saturday, along with our first art project.  I know they will really enjoy that.

They are doing really well with their narrating.  I am astounded at how much they remember about what we read and they are really good at forming their responses in complete sentences.  Currently I ask them questions about the passage I read aloud so I am walking them through how to narrate a paragraph or short story.  Eventually, they will be able to do it without the questions from me.

I had better sign off, as it is much too late and I have teacher, mom, wife, housekeeper, cook, daughter, sister, etc. duties tomorrow.

4 comments:

Jana H said...

Lea, so glad to hear you think you've found something to help your heartburn issue. I know you've battled that for such a long time. I hope it continues to work for you and that it helps solve the problem. I miss you all so much. Give the boys my love and give them hugs and kisses from me. Tell the husband that the new allergy medicine is working and no kidney pain anymore either. Love you all.

kate said...

What fantastic news!

I've had my first bout with...not heartburn...but a horrible acidic taste in the back of my throat since giving up Coke and switching to tea. Prilosec otc helps, but not for four months. I wonder if your solution is mine...and I just completely missed the reason why.

Melissa said...

glad you finally found the answers to your medical dilemma. better late than never

Lea said...

Thank you all. Yes, definitely better late than never.

Kate, you should definitely check into this before moving forward to other solutions. I hope you find your solution quickly.