Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 10, 2011

We were having dinner this evening and I received a phone call from a lady saying she thought they had our cat.  She said she knew he was a special kind of cat because of his coloring and markings.  She and her husband found Dancer in their garage.  I didn't get the whole story but they had also seen him outside, swatting the neighbor's dog, when the dog got too close and nosy for comfort.  She had asked a couple of neighbors if they were missing a cat and the second one she asked told her about my signs.  Her husband went out to get the phone number off of the sign and he said when he saw Dancer's picture, he knew that was the cat.

I'm not sure how long he was in their garage or when they found him.  He sure is thin though and he went straight for his food dish when he came in the house.  I gave him some special treats too.  Now he is curled up asleep in his basket next to my bed.

I am so happy and thankful to have him home.  Thank you all so much for praying for him.  I truly do appreciate it.  I had been so sad over the past few days, wondering what had happened to him.  It is such a relief to have him home safe.

5 comments:

louisianaborn said...

Praise God! He has answered our prayers! I am so happy for Dancer and for you, too. He probably hasn't learned his lesson, though. ha-ha!
Tharen

Melissa said...

How long was he missing for? Glad you got him back.

Lea said...

Thanks so much for your prayers louisianaborn! I don't think he has learned his lesson at all. He was wanting outside again just a few minutes ago. I'm definitely not ready to go through that again.

He went missing Sunday around 2:30pm and we got the call Thursday evening when we were eating dinner, around 5:30ish I think.

Juniper Hill Antiques said...

I just stumbled on your blog and saw the beautiful picture of your cat....then I read the story and was sad....THEN I looked at your latest post and saw that he was back. This made my day! So happy for you! He is gorgeous, such a pretty boy!

Lea said...

Juniper Hill Antiques, Thank you so much. We sure are happy to have him back. Tonight my just-turned-6-year-old was petting him and telling him "you are so loved, you are so loved, you are so loved". It brought a smile to my face. He is such a sweet cat. When the boys were little, he used to let them crawl all over him. One of them used to hold Dancer's tail while thumb sucking. We have some great pics of this.