Monday, April 05, 2010

April 5, 2010

I took the knee scooter back today. I am very thankful I had it when I needed it and now I am very thankful that I no longer need it:). And, even better, I took off my walking boot this morning around 10:00 and have not put it back on since then. The boys and I had some shopping to do today and I just did not want to be taking the boot off and on all day long. I'm happy to say that the foot did pretty well overall.

I actually do very well unless I am on uneven ground or I step on something like a door threshold. We stopped to eat and let the boys play and that gave my foot a good break. This evening, it was feeling pretty good and I was able to even walk around the house without limping, which I thought was amazing. It seems that the more I use it, the better it gets and the faster it gets better. So, even though the doctor told me to wear the boot for another week, I think I am ahead of schedule. I am very excited about this. It is so nice to be almost back to normal.

We had a lovely three day weekend. Even though we had three days, we still ended up not coloring Easter eggs until Sunday afternoon. It was so funny because the boys kept talking about eating them. They asked to eat them before they had even colored them. Then we all had fun coloring the eggs and then they wanted to eat them. So we explained about hiding and finding them and they were excited about that. The dad hid the eggs in the side yard and then the boys went out and had a lot of fun finding them. I thought for sure they would ask to hide them again but they didn't. They just wanted to go inside and eat them. While we were peeling an egg for them to eat, Nick said that next year maybe we could hide them more than once. It was so funny. They each ate two eggs and then I put the rest in the fridge. This evening I mentioned that they had not eaten any of their eggs today and they said they really didn't like them that much. Funny boys.

I leave on Thursday morning for the homeschool convention in Ohio. I'm very excited and the boys are excited that the dad is going to take them to Incredible Pizza while I am gone. They love that place. Also, my sister and mom are coming to see the boys on Thursday and spend some time with them while the dad does some work thing that he forgot he had signed up for. I know they will have a fun time while I am gone, although I am also sure they will all be happy when I get back home:). I'm sure I will feel the same way. I will be back on Saturday night.

I am loving the weather right now. Everything is blooming and it seems the trees have leafed out almost over night. All of the red bud trees are out and everything is so beautiful. I love this time of year.

Time to go. Boys are in bed and the husband and I are going to watch a movie we rented.

1 comment:

kate said...

So glad you're mobile again--especially in time for your conference.