Wednesday, February 27, 2008

February 27, 2008

We had Valentine's Day, our anniversary and my birthday (I'm now 45 years young, in case you are wondering:), all within about a two week span so that was fun. I used some birthday money to buy the boys some educational toys. Funny how much your priorities change when you become a mom:). I just love this teacher's store (The Apple Tree) and could spend hours in there just looking at things......and I did just that on my birthday, while the boys were home with the dad.
It sounds as if we may have some really pretty, spring-like days coming up later this week and weekend. It will be nice to get outside with the boys and enjoy the beautiful weather. I am ready to start doing a little yard work again.

I did some cleaning up of the flower beds in front of the house the other day, while the boys were napping. It was a beautiful day and I didn't even have to wear a jacket. That's the kind of day that really makes you look forward to the spring. We have such a beautiful spring here. It is one of my favorite times of the year. Of course, that night it dropped back down into the upper 20's, so winter is not quite gone yet.

I am way behind in posting funny things the boys have been saying/doing lately and also posting pictures. Ben has been trying to learn to blow his nose, which is quite amusing. He just blows out his mouth. I tried putting my fingers over his mouth and told him to blow out his nose and he still tried to blow out his mouth. It made a funny noise and we both laughed.

I have to put sunscreen on Ben's scar every day, where he had the mole removed on his face (it's healing very nicely this time). He doesn't like it so we started this thing where he closes his eyes and counts to ten. He usually gets it right too (counting to ten) and he enjoys doing it and laughs when he is done. It has turned out to be a great solution for what was a bad moment of the day.

Yesterday I decided I was tired of taping diapers and decided to try not doing that before nap time. I went to get the boys after their nap and Nick was lying in his bed, naked from the waist down. It was so funny because he still seemed a little sleepy so I think he actually slept that way during his nap. But he didn't wet or mess the bed so that's good. Today I decided to tape again:).

Both boys are very into the whole 'poo poo', 'pee pee' thing right now. They have such an interest, I decided to get the potty chair out and the potty books out again. One day Nick was holding his 'Ya Ya' (small bear) and pointing to it's bottom and telling me 'mommy, Ya Ya pee pee poo poo' and he has also pointed to the back end of the cat and said something similar. I just confirm it ('yes, the cat goes poo poo and pee pee') very matter-of-fact-like and leave it at that. I think we might be ready to start trying to potty train once the weather warms up a bit.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

oh that sucks. sorry you had to deal with that.