Wednesday, August 28, 2013

August 28, 2013

After looking through our photos, I realize that I need to take more pics because we do not have very many recent ones and the ones we have are not all that great.  The boys like to take pictures of their Lego creations or whatever it is they find funny and those are not usually something I would want to post on my blog.  Here is pretty much all I found worth posting and many of these are questionable:).

These first 3 or 4 are from the early spring, as you can tell by the clothes they are wearing.


These next two were also from last spring when the boys and the dad went to a cub scout camping thing overnight.


The next pic is from a dress-up night at AWANA.

The following pic is from Nick's first piano recital and I think it was in May or maybe April.

This was from one morning the boys had 'built' a 'wagon'...the type pulled by a horse back in the old days.  They had a good time playing with this for a couple of days.


And these final pics are of the treehouse that the dad is building.  It is really coming along.  He is getting ready to build and put in the rope ladder next so they can actually start playing in it, even though he still has some things to do, such as put on the door and shutters.  He is working on the trap door thing that they will come up into when they climb the rope ladder.  The first picture below is from the front of the treehouse.  The rope ladder entrance will be in the back opposite corner of the one in the front of the first picture below.  There will also be a fireman's pole on the back corner that you can see in the first pic below.  Just above where the ladder is in the pic below there is a small gate.  Eventually this gate will open to a bridge to another tree which will have a small platform.  They will be able to stand on the platform to take off on a zip line that goes across the yard.  I'm not sure how long it will take to get all of that done but I have a feeling this project is will be an on-going effort for a while.  The boys are very excited about it.


As for how our school week is going this week, it is not:).  I had an unexpected dental appointment on Monday morning for a bad tooth that needs a new crown and Nick had his occupational therapy that day.  Between those two appointments, we really didn't have time to get anything done and we were all exhausted by the time we got home.  Yesterday we had another two appointments for which we had to go to the city once again and my sister came to visit when we got home.  We had not seen her in a while so we enjoyed her company for the day.  Last night we didn't get much sleep because of bad colds (Nick and Ben) and an eye infection (Nick) so we took a sick day today and we are taking it easy.  Fortunately I had scheduled a one week break for week after next so we won't end up taking that after all and this week will be that week.  It is nice that we can be so flexible.  If everyone gets a good night of sleep tonight, we will definitely be doing school work tomorrow and Friday.  I feel so lazy when we are not doing school.  But I know it would not have gone well today if I had tried because Nick and I both were running on very little sleep.  I don't have much patience when I have not had enough sleep and Nick gets frustrated easier when he has not had enough sleep, which we don't need and I don't want especially since things have been going so well here lately.  We will be back at it soon enough though.

That's it for today.  I will work on taking some better and more recent pics of the boys.

No comments: