Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011

Ben is crazy about batman and robin right now and has been for a while now. Yesterday at Target I got the boys each a small batman and robin coloring book / activity book. This morning, he was coloring in that book and said to me, "Mommy, you know what's a pity? I only have one more batman to color in this book". I had to ask him, in case I had misunderstood what he said, "It's a pity?" and he said yes and then repeated it again.

Isn't that a pity?

He catches me by surprise like this every once in a while, by using a word like this that is not a common word in our house or with anyone else that he sees frequently. When he hears a word that he is not familiar with, he always asks what it means. He stores it away and, eventually, he will use it, just out of the blue and seemingly without fore thought. Isn't that funny?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lea,

I'm so sorry I haven't been keeping up with blogland lately. I'm so so sorry to hear about sweet Zoe. Prayers of peace, I know how hard it is to loose a precious fur baby. I'm excited to hear more about your new baby. Much love.