Tuesday, December 04, 2007

December 4, 2007

I have not been very into posting lately, for some reason. We are staying busy, as usual. We are in the (long) process of putting up our tree. We bought it on Saturday and the boys were very excited about the whole thing. We also put the lights on it that day but that was as far as we got. Yesterday I put some decorations on the top part of the tree, but that's as far as I got. I was planning to try to work on it today but have not gotten around to it yet. So, it is a slow process this year, for some reason:). It sure smells good though and it is a very pretty tree, so that's nice.

We have been running errands every day, so today is the first day we have actually stayed home all day in quite some time....although the day is not over yet and we may yet go out to run an errand this afternoon. Our Parents as Teachers lady came over today and played with some really nice puzzles with the boys. I enjoy visiting with her a lot and she always brings some handouts with great ideas and information. The boys enjoy her too, which is good, since that is why she comes:).

Yesterday we went to a teacher's supply store and it was incredible. I will definitely be a regular at that shop in the future. They had some great educational toys that you would not find at a regular toy store. I will be shopping for birthday and Christmas presents there in the future. It's great to find fun toys for kids that are also educational. They pretty much had all of the Melissa and Doug toys there too. We have bought quite a few of their toys so it's nice to know they are considered educational. I kind of thought they were but it was good to see them being sold at this type of store. The down side is that it is very hard to leave the store without spending a good deal of money, because everything looks great. And it's also difficult to decide on which things to spend your money. Other than that, it's great!

When we were getting ready to go out for our errands yesterday, I was tying my shoes and, without thinking about it, started to tie them into double bows:). I cracked up laughing and the boys were looking at me like I was crazy. I guess I have tied a lot of double bows in the past 11 months, and very happily so.

1 comment:

MMrussianadoption said...

when i taught, i would never leave those stores spending less than 150 dollars each time. you can spend hours there. that is where my whole pay check would go.