Friday, October 26, 2007

October 26, 2007

Didn't mean to leave anyone hanging about the concern for Nick's painful knee. After nap, he seemed to be walking a bit stiffly on his right leg for a little while, although he did not complain or seem to notice. After being up and around for a short while, he seemed perfectly fine and we did not see any issues the rest of the evening.

My arm is really sore from that flu shot. I am hoping the boys are not feeling this in their leg, where they got their flu shot. I don't remember it being this sore the last time I got it.

I made a mistake in the last post. It was two years ago that I got the flu shot for the first time and also had the flu that January, for the first time. Last January we were in Russia:). We can't remember if I took the flu shot last winter or not, although I am thinking I probably did.

I have been a bit out of sorts this week. Even though it was my husband that took the trip to Vancouver, the boys and I have been a bit off schedule. I am thankful today is Friday and we are slowly getting back to normal.

We have the first dentist appointment for the boys coming up on Tuesday and Ben's surgery to remove the large mole on his face on Thursday. My sister will be coming to spend the night on Wednesday night, since we have to be at the hospital with Ben so early on Thursday. She will be taking care of Nick for us, which really helps a lot.

The boys are not used to spending much time apart. We have recently been separating them to run errands but, other than that, they are always together and they really miss each other when they are apart. The only times they have been apart have been when they are with us. So this will be the first time that either of them have ever been left alone with anyone else. I am so relieved that my sister is able to be here to take care of Nick. She is so good with the boys and they really love her a lot. She is always playing with them and talking to them so I know she will do a great job of keeping Nick busy while we are gone.

I still have not arranged for a babysitter so my husband and I could go out on a date. I really need to do that. I have great intentions but then something always seems to come up....or maybe I am making excuses. The boys seems so out of sorts with my husband being gone and were so whiny and clingy after he got back, I didn't think of trying to hire a babysitter for this weekend. And then, next weekend will be just after Ben has his surgery, so I don't know that that will be a good time either. But I really need to move forward with this. I know I do. I know it would be good for my husband and I and it would also be good for the boys, in the long run. Sometime soon.

No comments: