Friday, September 28, 2007

September 28, 2007

Wednesday morning I was awakened at 4:00 am by a very loud thunderstorm. Thursday and Friday mornings I have been awakened by the fog horn that my husband thinks is an alarm clock. I really don't like his alarm clock. It is the loudest alarm clock that I have ever heard. Many days, my husband wakes up by his internal alarm clock, just before the fog horn goes off and he turns it off before it wakes me. I so appreciate that. He must have been very tired these past couple of days. He is a very hard worker and also very diligent about waking up early to work out.

I don't do well without sleep. God blessed me with children who sleep unbelievably well because He knew I could not handle sleeplessness. In the past eight months plus that the boys have been home, I have only had to get up during the night with each of them once. It was two nights in a row and they were both going through terrible fevers. Other than that, they have always slept through the night or put themselves back to sleep if they woke. I am indeed very blessed and very very thankful.

I have been a grouch yesterday evening and again this morning and I am not happy about that....and neither are my husband and children. I am praying that God will give me the strength and self discipline to get rid of this grouchiness and be joyful.

I am still reading The Well-Trained Mind book and I think it is really great. I'm sure I have said this a few times already. I need to write a post about why I think it is so great and I plan to do that (if I remember). Right now, I have things to do to prepare for our trip to Arizona. This will be our first family vacation together and it will also be the first time my husband's family and many of his friends have met our children. I am really looking forward to it. It will be nice for us to get away for a few days.

I must get some things done before the boys wake up from their naps.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Ugh. Landon has one of those fog horns and he can sleep through it.

musicmommy3 said...

I hope you're feeling better. Two out of three of my children had hard time sleeping. My 5 year old still wakes up a lot. sigh. That's alright. I still wouldn't trade him. :):)

BLESSINGS!