Monday, August 13, 2007

August 13, 2007

Jana went home on Saturday and my husband went back to work today, so this was my first day to do everything on my own again. It's nearly 5:30pm here and I am so exhausted. Yes, I over did things a bit. Yesterday I will take it a little easier, although I must do some laundry.

Jana had washed up a huge amount of clothes for the boys; clothes that were given to us. We had sorted and put a lot of the clothes away while she was still here but there was one large basket of clothes that still needed to be sorted and put away so I did that today. That in itself was a big job. After I put all of the clothes away, it was time for the boys to go down for nap, so I put them down.

Then, I happened to wander into the guest room so I decided to change the sheets on the bed, so it would be fresh for the next visitor. In retrospect, this could have waited for another day. When I got the sheets from the closet, I noticed several sets of sheets were not folded the way I fold them (yes, I have a bit of OCD), so I refolded them and then changed the sheets on the bed. And then I also put out fresh towels in the guest bathroom. I still need to clean the bathroom, dust the furniture in the room and vacuum but that will wait until another day.

I rested for about 20 minutes or so and then I started preparing for vacuuming the downstairs floors and rugs. This is a huge job but it was soooo bad that I could not wait another day to do it. It was just bugging me too much. This job includes picking up all of the toy baskets and toys and putting them on the furniture, shaking the rugs in the powder bathroom and moving anything that can move, so I can vacuum under it. I also vacuum underneath the pieces of furniture that don't move because if I don't, the little dust balls that are under there will end up coming out and rolling across the floor at some point. And, I also vacuum the couch in the living room and the red couch in the library, since they always need it badly.

I finished vacuuming the office, foyer, library/playroom, living room, kitchen, laundry room and powder bath and then the boys woke up from their nap. So, I still need to vacuum the master bedroom, bath and closet before I am finished with the downstairs. I am hoping to do that tomorrow but, we'll see. I also need to dust eventually. That bothers me less than dirty floors.

I know I did too much but it is really hard not to. I was so tired all afternoon, I was not much fun for the boys and I think they were getting a bit bored at one point. Now that most of the floors are clean, maybe I can take it a bit slower for the rest of the week and get enough rest.

On a sad note, my 95 year old grandmother, who was still living on her own in her own house, fell yesterday and broke her pelvic bone. She is in the hospital and is in so much pain. I can't even imagine. And she is this tiny, little bit of a lady, weighing in at maybe 95 pounds. She is such a sweet, wonderful Christian lady and what a prayer warrior she is. I am so sad for her that she is having to go through this. My sister went to see her this morning and they had her drugged up pretty good for the pain. Yet they were already saying they were going to have to start getting her up to walk, or she would end up with pneumonia. She has a very long, painful recovery ahead of her. Please keep her in your prayers.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Hey Aunt Lea, I know it may be hard for you, but u need to let things go a little until u get a little more better..or at least do a little less...They weighed Gma when they out her in the hospital and she weighed 84 pounds...but shes doing better...so thats good

MMrussianadoption said...

Aw, I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. She is in my prayers. Your kids are still cute as heck though