Friday, July 13, 2007

July 13, 2007

I've been tagged by Tonya and I'm suppose to include 4 new experiences I have had in the past 4 years and 4 experiences I hope to have in the next 4 years.

New experiences in the past 4 years is an easy one, since I've had a lot of them. I was made manager of a group of about 30 people at the company where I worked, which was a big challenge (I was managing 4 people at the time) and the new manager job was not a job I applied for, although I appreciated it and learned a lot about people. I was married to the love of my life 2.5 years ago and I quit my job/career 1.5 years ago, which were both very big and very positive things in my life. And last, but not least (these are in the order in which they occurred), I became a mom to two little, adorable boys on January 17th of this year. Lots of big, wonderful changes in my life over the past 4 years and they were all truly gifts from God.

New experiences I hope to have in the next 4 years is a little harder for me. After our marriage, our most pressing goal was to have children, which we now have. I have not thought much past that, as far as goals in my life go. This may seem kind of sad to some people but I've been pretty busy:), trying to learn how to be a good mom to two toddler boys, learning about my children and what kind of personalities they have, trying to still be a good wife, and all that other stuff that comes with marriage and children:). Being a good mom is, by far, the biggest challenge I have ever had in my life. God is really working on me and it is at times painful, but it is also very rewarding and I love it (at least most of the time...we all have our moments:).

So, new experiences, let's see.... Well, I am really looking forward to experiencing the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) with our children. I am looking forward to the holidays this year more than I ever have before, as an adult. Having children to share the experience with just gives you a whole new perspective and excitement about it. The second thing that comes to mind is that our children will be around 6 years old in four years so another experience that would qualify is homeschooling. We are planning to homeschool our children so this will be a very new experience for me and I am hoping I am up to the task. I am looking forward to taking some fun vacations with our sons and seeing the world through their eyes, which is so fun and interesting (we're taking our first vacation to Arizona in October, so our sons can meet their Aunt and cousins in Tucson and also many of my husband's long time friends. And, I am looking forward to seeing how God uses all of these changes and events to mold me and help me grow and mature as a Christian over the next four years.

Thanks for the tag Tonya! It was good for me to think about the future for a change, rather than just about our day to day survival:)!!

I have started a post with pictures of our fun time at the local water sprinkler park but have not had time to finish it yet. Hopefully I will get to it soon.

2 comments:

Jana H said...

Lea, I don't think you'll have a problem being a good mom. I've seen you in action, and I think you're doing awesome. I mean you're even taking on two little ones at once so don't be too hard on yourself. Just make sure my cute little cousins don't turn out spoiled, at least by you anyway. I may spoil them though:) Plus, if you get in God's word, He will guide you and show you how to raise them. I've been thinking about my kids lately. What kind I will have when I get married. I've been praying that my husband and I will be the kind of parents to our children that my parents have been to me. I know this sounds kind of cocky, but I want my kids to be like me and Trent. We haven't rebelled or gone gothic or anything like that. I just pray that my kids will someday love God as much as I do. But then again, that's where my job as a parent will come in. But what am I saying? I'm not even in college yet:)

ChandraJoy said...

I agree with Jana, I don't think you need to worry about being a good mom. I think we just have to remember to fully rely on God to help us out and guide us and we will be the best mom's we can be! I know I really have to work on turning to God more, you are an inspiration to me there!