Thursday, June 07, 2007

June 7, 2007 Part 2

Thanks so much for the comments on the last post. I really appreciated them and so needed to hear this today. I got a bit teary eyed while reading them.

It's funny how God reaches out to you when you reach out to Him. Not long after I wrote that post today, an insulation guy stopped by because we are having issues with too much heat in our upstairs rooms. He saw some verses that we have framed in our entry hall so he knew that we are a Christian family, so he started talking about our faith. First we started talking about the kids and I told him some of our adoption story. He and his wife were teachers for many years and they love kids. But then we started talking about the importance of similar beliefs between a husband and wife and the importance of the husband being the leader of his family, etc.

For some reason, I felt led to tell him, in summary, about what I wrote on the blog earlier today. He basically said something similar to the comments. He also said that God understands and that it was me that was putting a legalistic requirement on my life and feeling guilty about it, but Jesus came to free us, and some other things like that. I felt like God was talking through this very nice, Christian man and that God had sent him here today just for me, because He knew I needed so much to hear this. I almost started crying when I was listening to him because I felt like God was wrapping me in His arms and telling me not to worry.

Going forward, I will be focusing on little prays throughout my days, making some good Christian friends and reading the Bible when I can but not feeling guilty about it when I can't. Thanks again for the comments. I really needed to hear this today.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

You're welcome:) God is so cool, isn't He! (((HUG)))