Friday, March 09, 2007

March 9, 2007 Part 2

It's just after 9:00am and I'm still sitting around, waiting for my two little guys to wake up. I went up to check on them and they were sound asleep. It's rainy and cloudy today so maybe that's part of it. I opened the blinds in their room, thinking that might help but, so far, no go.

I don't like waking them up though. It seems that Benjamin wakes up with a smile on his face, no matter what. On the other hand, Nicholas wakes up in a bad mood that does not go away quickly, if he is awakened before his little body decides it's time to wake up. If I hear them waking, which usually includes some whiny-type of stuff, and I wait a little longer, Nicholas ends up in a good mood. If I go up and get them as soon as I hear the whiny-wakeup-type of noise, he will cry when he sees me and be in a clingy, bad mood for a while. I think he is kind of like his mamma; he is a slow-waker-upper and likes to take his time. I'm OK with that and have learned that we all have a happier morning if I don't rush up to get them as soon as I hear them stir.

But, this morning, they have not even stirred yet! Maybe they are getting ready for the time change. At this rate, we are probably looking at just one nap today, because they are sleeping too long for a morning nap. That might work out well, since we have the afternoon doctor appointment though.

Still no peep from upstairs. 9:10am and counting. This is the latest they have ever slept.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so jealous.... I wish Livi slept that long... she is up at 6 am no matter what time she goes down at night... and since she is always up so early she is always in bed by 7.30


Lauri

Tonya said...

It amazes me how much wisdom you have for being a first time mom. Children who wake up crabby are VERY often best left a-bed until they cheer up. Otherwise they are grumpy for a LONG time:):):). Very smart to give him some time to work the kinks out.