Wednesday, February 21, 2007

February 21, 2007

Yesterday I took the boys to visit the ladies in my Bible study. I will not be attending for quite a while but I really enjoyed it when I was going. These ladies are such wonderful people and they prayed for us so much while we were traveling and also while we were waiting through the adoption process. They really enjoyed meeting the boys and the boys had a good time being the center of attention.

After that, I took the boys to Target for some quick shopping. This was their very first trip to a store and they were wide eyed, taking it all in. Target has these wonderful carts that can hold two children, which was wonderful. The difficult thing is getting the boys into the store to begin with, especially if they have recently taken all of the carts into the store. I had to drive around until I found some carts outside and then I parked next to them. I put the boys in one of these carts and took them inside, where I noticed the nice carts for two children, so we switched carts.

Target has a million (very cute) sandals for little girls, which is wonderful. I think they had maybe three pairs to choose from for little boys. What's up with this??? This is crazy.

They both fell asleep on the way home, so I stopped by Sonic:) and got something to eat, while they slept. I drove around a while, so they could get in a partial nap. I drove over to the super Walmart to see if they also had carts that could hold two children. I saw some in the parking lot but I like the Target carts better. I think the plastic carts are nicer than the metal ones. I went through the drive through at Braums, thinking I would treat myself to a small ice cream cone but, wouldn't you know it, the boys woke up just when I was ordering. I told the poor lady at the drive through never mind my order and took the boys home. They were both staring at me wide eyed though, when I looked back at them, after talking to the lady over the intercom. They were probably thinking, what is our crazy mom doing now??!  

It seems that anytime I take the boys out for something (usually a doctors appointment but yesterday the visit and shopping), I end up feeling very exhausted by the end of the day. I think this is because, so far, every time we have made these outings, it is during morning nap time, which means I don't get much of a break for the day. Of course, I'm still getting used to being a mom of two toddlers also, so that's probably some of it. But I seem to enjoy the days where we get to stay home, relax, the boys take two good naps, and I have two good breaks. This is a bit of a surprise to me. I guess I thought I would be taking them places and doing lots of things with them but maybe they are still a bit young for that. Once they are both walking well I a sure it will be easier.

No comments: